Pages

Sunday 9 August 2015

The Gill Garth Gallop - 17th June 2016

This is a gorgeous low key evening fell race run from Gill Garth farm near Selside in Ribblesdale. Its 6.3 miles in length and a cracker of a route, with a long and fast run out to the foot of Park Fell, a stonking climb up to the trig point from there followed by a undulating ridge run all the way to the cairn on Simon Fell before plummeting off the side and whizzing back to Gill Garth. 

Unfortunately I set off at far too fast of a 'gallop' and was gasping for air ("blowing it out my arse" as my younger daughter would say) after the first quarter of a mile gradual climb from the start. I never really recovered from that although managed to hang in for the final 6 miles! My finishing time was a little slower than the same race last year and that was when I tore my achilles a mile and a half from the end and had to hobble home. I'm getting crapper for sure. Hester ran a great race and cruised home shortly after me.


6.3 miles and 1,496 feet - route on Strava

My cunning plan of racing off at the start..... didn't work and really, really hurt!

Hester having just descended Simon Fell behind

Making it look easy

Ze route

No comments:

Post a Comment