Pages

Sunday 13 September 2015

The 3 Peaks - Monday 31st August

Well after my relatively successful run up Whernside on Saturday I was still feeling pretty okay come bank holiday Monday. More to the point I had my 'run around the 3 Peaks every month in 2015' streak to continue, with 31st August being the last possible day to squeeze in August's run. I convinced Hester that I was feeling good enough to go and off we jolly well went. We ran it clockwise for a change and despite me having a few collywobbles on the climbs it all went okay too. We certainly didn't set any land speed records but it was absolutely fantastic to successfully get round. Especially so as it was my last 3 Peaks run, on 5th July, that triggered all my 'dicky ticker' troubles.

21.7 miles and 4,694 feet - route on strava

Hester Ingleborough bound

Sprinting!

Peak one - Ingleborough

Heading off the side of Ingleborough

Looking back at Ingleborough from the side of Whernside with Hester the dot in the foreground

Peak two - Whernside

Extracting my leg from a thigh deep bog

Hester having a similar problem

Peak three - Pen y Ghent

I easily won the muddy legs competition

No comments:

Post a Comment