Pages

Sunday 9 August 2015

The 3 Peaks - 27th June 2016

And my sequence of running the 3 Peaks each month during 2015 continued with June's outing just getting done in the nick of time. I ran with Sharon and Hester who seemed to natter away to each other all the way round, making it hard for me to get an occasional word (of wisdom) in sideways. 

Me and Hester had been on holiday in Scotland the week before where I'd picked up some kind of tummy bug and I also had a weird ache in the top of my back between my shoulder blades, which felt a bit strange too. Hmmm... I wonder what that's all about??

Anyway we got round in pretty fine fettle despite me struggling and feeling weary towards the end. Sharon, who's running the Ultra Tour de Mont Blanc at the end of August and Hester, who's running the Lakeland 100 (supposedly with me) at the end of July both breezed it of course.

21.9 miles and 5,585 feet - route on Strava

Shorty Sharon and Hester descending Pen y Ghent

Both lagging behind at this stage

Whernside ahoy!

Looking back towards Ingleborough on the climb up Whernside

At the trig on Ingleborough - Sharon standing on a rock to seem a bit bigger

No comments:

Post a Comment